So I have be tagged for two Liebster awards. Now the first from Frame Tale, in horror I had put off doing for a few weeks and regrettably those few weeks turned into quite a bit longer…whoops, my bad. Forgive me. But then Moonstone Maiden tagged me which reminded me about the first one and now here I am. I am quite chuffed to be noticed and nominated by these two bloggers who really are quite fantastic.
Now for the actual award….
1) Paste the award picture into your blog.
2) Write up 11 NEW questions directed towards your nominees.
3) When you receive the award, you must post 11 random facts about yourself.
4) Pass the award onto 11 other blogs and let them know
Let the glimpse in to my mind begin
1. What do you wish you were paid for?
Writing. I would be so happy if I could be paid to write and didn’t need a day job.
2. Do you believe in free will or determinism?
It depends on the day really. For the most part I am unsure of anything other than being sure that I might never know. I act as if I have free will and even if some higher power is sitting there going, “I knew she was going to do that.” or “Score, she did like she was meant to because she could do no diffrently” I don’t mind because in my mind I am doing what I think I should do….most of the time….*shifty*
3. What meal/drink do you make to show off your skillz?
Lemon Meringue Pie to show off my mad and somewhat non-existant skills. I am also renowned for my Long Island Ice Tea that uses organic cola. (Soooo good.)
4. What Show/Movie/Book could you watch/read over and over and never be sick of?
Well this might be an never ending answer. There are so many. Many of the books I own I have read over and over and over. The Dark is Rising series by Susan Cooper, Moonheart by Charles de Lint and The Obernewtyn series by Isobelle Carmody are among my go to books that I have read so so many times. Movie/Show wise, I have lost track of how many times I’ve seen Red Dwarf, Allo Allo, Sleeping Beauty, Stigmata, Practical Magic, 10 Things, Empire Records, V for Vendetta, Tomb Raider….okay stopping now before I list the better part of 500 shows and movies…
5. Fill in the blank: Bender is _____.
Awesome. (Especially when he gets stuck on a magnet)
6. Where have you always wanted to go?
England, Ireland, Scotland Wales, (And I want to add. inside, outside, inside, out….and go find a set of elastics, it was elastics we did that with wasn’t it?)
7. What’s something you did not like from your childhood that you like now?
8. Do you like puns?
If you have ever seen my twitter page I think you would say yes. yes I do
9. Are you a better person today than you were yesterday?
I would like to think so.
10. What’s the coolest thing you’ve learned recently?
That I am not alone
11. What’s something you still want to learn about?
Oh wow, now there is another LONG list. I have so much to learn, currently I am back on a celtic mythology kick and learning more about that.
And now from Moonstone Maiden
1) Are you a day or nighttime writer?
Yes. Honestly I am both, though I do tend to do some of my more fantastic writing at night.
2) Do you make a playlist for your writing projects or does music distract you?
I make playlists, I write best with music.
3) What new movie are you looking most forward to seeing in the near future?
The Hobbit without a doubt.
4) What was the last book that you read? Would you recommend it?
The last book I read and finished was “Eyes of the Seer” by Peter Dawes and yes, I would recommend it.
5) What’s your idea of a perfect day?
Music, dancing, good friends, writing, wine, sunshine and lots of hugs and cuddles and a two hour long massage
6) What is your favorite television show and /or movie? Why?
No. Get out. *giggles* Honestly I could never ever narrow it down to a top three for either but I will randomly list some that spring to mind. Doctor Who (and that includes Classic Who that I grew up with), Millennium, Fraggle Rock Labyrinth, Point Break, Love Actually, Sleepy Hollow, Sleepers…all the ones I listed earlier and all the ones I can see in the DVD cabinets
7) Have you ever read a scene in a book that reminds you of a scene you’ve written before or had already planned to write?
Yes, yes, yes, Guy Gavriel Kay and James Rollins have both stolen things from my brain. There was one scene in a Guy Gavriel Kay book, might have been “The Summer Tree” that was exactly how I had a scene I’d started to write about 6 years before I wrote it, that the book was written when I was four is no nevermind….
8) If you won the lottery, what would be your first purchase?
A plane ticket
9) If you could only eat one type of food (Italian, Chinese, Classic American etc.) for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Holy cow, nope couldn’t do it. I love foods of all kind… though I could narrow it down to anything diary especially cheese and I’m there…
10) What is your favorite song at the moment?
Oooooh, right at the moment would have to be “Baby it’s cold outside.” Because you know it’s Christmas and all.
11) What is your favorite time period in history or who is your favorite historical figure? Why?
Does not compute, does not compute. Honestly again, I couldn’t really pick. I am a student of history…literally, studied it at school and university (for the brief time I was there) and I find so much of it fascinating. Currently I am back on a celtic kick so let me go with Owain Glendower as the current historical figure of fascination. Especially given that most of the others many would consider mythological even if I don’t…
Okay now for my 11 questions….
1. What was your favourite show or movie as a child?
2. If you could do any job for 24 hours what job would you want to experience?
3. You have to buy a mask to wear to a masquerade ball, what colour would you want it to be (main colour here, I realise most masks will have other colours involved.)
4. If you could witness one event in history and know the truth of what happened which event would you pick?
5. You are to star in a movie, who would you want to be your co-star?
6. Your best friends leg is in cast (please don’t let this really happen I’d feel so bad), what do you write on their cast?
7. What piece of advice would you give to the you of one year ago?
8. What is your favourite breakfast?
9. What is your most irrational fear?
10. After watching a horror movie do you have to turn the light on in the hallway before you walk down it?
11. What one thing do you hope will happen to you in 2013?
Now for my 11 people….